Friday, November 13, 2009

Day 9: Layering

I believe we all have an anointing for the things we do, the talents we have. I also believe that enhancing your skills for things that come "natural" to you is a great asset. It may not be something everything can or wants to do, but I find value in studying my craft. I agree that natural gifts and talents are wonderful and come with a certain set of unique particulars that can't be obtained through studying. I also believe that the time I spend developing my natural gifts, through practice and study, helps me thicken and improve plots, characters, scenes, etc. The more layers of knowledge I add to me innate abilities, the more layers I can give my readers in the stories I choose to write. For me, it's like dressing for a winter day. The more layers, the warmer the body.

No comments:

Post a Comment