Tuesday, May 4, 2010

In Marcus' Eyes










I wouldn't consider myself a player or a playboy. Although, my brother-in-law, Keith, calls me that like it's my name. I simply say I love women.

My grandfather taught me a lot of things and one of those was appreciation for the opposite sex.Even the Bible teaches that a man should love a woman with his entire being. I would like to think I'm doing my part.

I know what you're thinking. I'm going too far. Don't put God in this, right? Now we're talking about something Ma'dear taught me. She always said that no matter where I went or what I did, I should take God with me. If I was going to the club, I better have him with me if I expected to make it out. Well, I was never much for the club or most of what went on inside those walls. But I understood what she meant. So whatever I did, I made sure not to forget that no matter what, God was watching.

A contradiction? Not really. How is that any different than people who smoke, over eat, under eat, whatever? It's not. God is watching all of us. Justified? Not in my own actions, no. Look, I've got faults, for sure. I'm human. But you love me because I'm real with my shit. It is what it is.


Marcus Clayton
From the Interview with a Bastard blog series

No comments:

Post a Comment